Lund, Sweden, 08:00 am CET, 17 February 2021 – BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ), an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone injuries, today publishes the interim report for the fourth quarter and the full year 2020.
STRONG DEVELOPMENT DESPITE ONGOING PANDEMIC. CONTINUED RECOVERY IN EUROW
OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2020
- Net sales increased by 15 percent and amounted to SEK 53.2 million (46.2).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 23 percent.
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales increase of 7 percent.
- The gross margin improved to 89.8 percent (88.9). The gross margin was affected positively by the sales increase in NA.
- Operating result amounted to SEK -26.7 million (-38.6).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -0.43 (-0.79).
JANUARY – DECEMBER 2020
- Net sales increased by 16 percent and amounted to SEK 180.9 million (155.5).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 47 percent.
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a 7 percent decline in sales.
- The gross margin improved to 89.4 percent (87.4).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -98.6 million (-158.1).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -1.72 (-3.10).
“We have built a strong foundation for our future market introduction of CERAMENT G in North America.” Emil Billbäck, CEO
EVENTS DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD
- BONESUPPORT announced in November that Simon Cartmell leaves BONESUPPORT’s Board of Directors.
EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING PERIOD
- BONESUPPORT was moved from the Small Cap to the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm on January 4, 2021.
- The recruitment rate to ongoing studies has been influenced which has led to a changed end date for the SOLARIO study: Q1 2023.
- The beginning of 2021 has continued to be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in fewer trauma and elective surgeries.
For more information contact:
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
This information is such information as BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08:00 am CET on 17 February 2021.
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 181 million in 2020. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.