Lund, Sweden, 08:00 CET, May 6 2021 – BONESUPPORT Holding AB (publ), an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone injuries, today publishes the interim report for the first quarter 2021.
FEWER SURGERIES IN THE WAKE OF AN INTENSIFIED PANDEMIC
JANUARY – MARCH 2021
- Net sales increased by 3 percent (14 percent at constant exchange rates) and amounted to SEK 44.8 million (43.4).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 18 percent (36 percent at constant exchange rate).
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales decrease of 11 percent (8 percent at constant exchange rates).
- The gross margin amounted to 88.6 percent (88.7).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -19.7 million (-29.2).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -0.32 (-0.56).
“14 percent growth at constant exchange rates, despite the major impact of the pandemic.” Emil Billbäck, CEO
EVENTS DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD
- In February, the company received a notification from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the company’s De Novo application for CERAMENT G for bone infection requires further information and clarifications.
EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING PERIOD
- In April, the company announced that it had been awarded a Synthetic Implantable Products agreement with Premier. Premier, with approximately 4,100 hospitals, is one of the leading purchasing networks (GPO) in the U.S.
For more information contact:
BONESUPPORT Holding AB
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
This information is such information as BONESUPPORT Holding AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08:00 CET on May 6 2021.
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 181 million in 2020. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.