Lund, Sweden, 7 November 2019 08.00 am CET, – BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ), an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone voids, today publishes the interim report for the third quarter 2019.
BONESUPPORT’S BEST QUARTER EVER
“Sales in the quarter are our highest ever, with strong growth in both Europe and the US. The segment Europe and the rest of the world (EUROW) grew with 45 percent. Sales in the US totaling SEK 18.5 million corresponds to an increase of 25 percent compared to the previous quarter. US sales level in the quarter is encouraging as it is less than a year since we introduced the new distribution structure. We also show a rising gross margin for the fourth quarter in a row.”
Emil Billbäck, CEO
JULY – SEPTEMBER 2019
- Net sales amounted to SEK 39.1 million (14.2), an increase of 175 percent compared to the same period previous year. The Europe and the rest of the world (EUROW) segment continued to report strong growth of 45 percent compared to the same period last year. No sales were reported in the US last year as an effect of the transition to the new distribution model. For the US, a 25 percent increase was reported from the previous quarter.
- CERAMENT G and CERAMENT V grew by 44 percent.
- The gross margin amounted to 87.7 percent (81.8).
- Operating profit amounted to SEK -32.7 million (-58.4).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution were both SEK -0.64 (-1.16).
- The Company has announced that the period of patient recruitment for the ongoing FORTIFY study will be extended by 6-9 months.
- In cooperation with EBJIS (EUROPEAN BONE AND JOINT INFECTION SOCIETY), an analysis was presented which showed that single-stage procedures with CERAMENT G or CERAMENT V at Nuffield Orthopedic Hospital in the United Kingdom reduced the patient’s stay in hospital at the time of surgery by an average of 30 percent.
- The CERTiFy study has been accepted by The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery American, JB&JS.
EVENTS AFTER PERIOD END
- No significant events have occurred since the end of the period.
The interim report is availabe by clicking on the links below:
Outside the US: https://www.bonesupport.com/en-eu/financial-reports/
The report will be available on BONESUPPORT’s website from 08.00 am CET today and the presentation from the webcast will be uploaded during the day.
A presentation will be hosted today at 10.00 am CET and is accessed by telephone or via web. The presentation will be in English with the opportunity to ask questions following the presentation.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are:
UK: + 44 333 300 92 71
SE: + 46 8 505 583 51
US: + 1 646 722 49 04
The presentation will be webcasted and can be accessed from the following web address:
Hosts: Emil Billbäck, CEO, and Håkan Johansson, CFO
BONESUPPORT™ (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver and a Premarket approval filing with the FDA (USA) for CERAMENT G is planned in 2021. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 97 million in 2018. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.
For more information contact:
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
+46 (0) 708 76 87 87
This information is such information as BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 am CET on November 7, 2019.