Lund, Sweden, 08:00 CET, February 17, 2022 - BONESUPPORT Holding AB (publ), an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone injuries, today publishes the interim report for the fourth quarter 2021 and the full year 2021.
STRONG SALES GROWTH, DESPITE OMICRON BREAK-OUTOCTOBER - DECEMBER 2021
- Net sales increased by 15 percent (21 percent at constant exchange rates) and amounted to SEK 61.4 million (53.2).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 22 percent (30 percent at constant exchange rate).
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales increase of 8 percent (9 percent at constant exchange rates).
- The gross margin amounted to 89.3 percent (89.8).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -21.8 million (-26.7).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -0.38 (-0.43).
- Net sales increased by 18 percent (23 percent at constant exchange rates) and amounted to SEK 212.9 million (180.9).
- The North America (NA) segment reported a sales increase of 22 percent (31 percent at constant exchange rate).
- The Europe & Rest of the World (EUROW) segment reported a sales increase of 12 percent (13 percent at constant exchange rates).
- The gross margin amounted to 89.1 percent (89.4).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -80.7 million (-98.6).
- Earnings per share, before and after dilution, were SEK -1.34 (-1.72).
"Continued strong sales traction despite Omicron impact." Emil Billbäck, CEOEVENTS DURING THE REPORTING PERIOD
- In October, a kit with cannula and guide tubes was launched for application and use of CERAMENT for skeletal injuries in close proximity to joints. These products open up a market segment in the U.S. of approximately 20,000 additional procedures per year.
- In December, Michael Wrang Mortensen joined the company in the newly established role as Executive Vice President (EVP) Research & Development (R&D) and Operations.
- In January 2022, the company announced that a distribution agreement had been signed with OrthoPediatrics Corp, a leading company in the orthopedic pediatric market. The distribution partnership expands BONESUPPORT's market access further as it gives CERAMENT BVF access to OrthoPediatrics' network of 250 children's hospitals.
For more information contact:
BONESUPPORT Holding AB
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
+46 (0) 708 76 87 87
The information in this press release is such that BONESUPPORT Holding AB (publ) is required to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08:00 am CET on February 17, 2022.
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient's own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT's bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT (https://bonesupport.com/en-eu/products/). The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 213 million in 2021. Please visit www.bonesupport.com (https://bonesupport.com/en-eu/) for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks (https://bonesupport.com/en-eu/trademarks/) of BONESUPPORT AB.