The Science of CERAMENT™
- CERAMENT™ is a Synthetic Bioceramic Bone Substitute
- Designed to mimic human cancellous bone
- Provides short term resorbable support for the fracture or bone void providing rapid pain relief and stabilisation.
- Provides longer term osteoconductive support which enhances new bone growth.
- Patented technology results in the unique qualities of this Biomaterial.
- Calcium Sulphate and Hydroxyapatite combined with liquid Iohexol creates a highly injectable, osteoconductive and bioactive material.
- A BIOMATERIAL is designed to interface with biological systems to:
- Or replace any tissue, organ, or function of the body.
(source: Consensus definition, 2nd Biomaterials Consensus Conference, 1992, Chester, UK)
- Biomaterials can be metals, ceramics (i.e. Hydroxyapatite), polymers, and composites.